Search the forum,

Discuss control underfloor heating pump wirelessly? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

R

richkay

hello newbie diy-er here looking for some guidance please :)

gas boiler (downstairs) was connected to underfloor heating pump and valve (attic, along with hot water storage tank), coming on with the hot water

the wiring between the two has failed - cable was exposed to water leak - so now I need to find a way to reconnect them.

hardwiring will be impossible due to the boiler and pump being at opposite ends of the house and two stories apart

would it be possible instead to connect the valve and pump via a wireless timer switch? I've already fitted a wireless thermostat running off the boiler to control the upstairs heating as the hard wiring for this also failed

super grateful for any guidance... even just a 'yes this would work'.

thank you!

Reply to control underfloor heating pump wirelessly? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I have a gas boiler in my apartment that heats a net area of 300 m2 with an underfloor heating system. The boiler has a capacity of 45 kW. There's no issue with the heating system, but I want to increase the hot water capacity. I plan to connect an external 200-liter boiler. How can I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is rarely at maximum power rating, even at full tilt. The UFH zone has it's own pump and the other two zones (three storey house) are just pumped from the...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock