Search the forum,

Discuss Contracting BG in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Getting countless calls from agents' all after contractors for BG, are they finding difficult to get people to contract to them ? after experienced engineers who know about BB, & Y / S plans !

As an outsider, I know very little of BG.

It sound like a general case of a company, that want to pay the guys who do the work, as little as they can.
If they were paying fair rates, they would be inundated with willing Plumbers.

I know and imbibe the odd beer with my friends in low places at BG.

They have cut back and altered some contracts which are not making
some happy so they have (the unhappy ones) done one. The contracts
are not to my liking - ie short hours summer / long hours winter inc
sat/sunday and hours up to 8pm for service -who want sthe boiler looked
at 8pm friday durrr

HOWEVER READ ON - if you are under 30 need a really good hard working high pressure
job with a 'tracked vehicle' with really good training and back up complete with
company pension paid hols and sickness going direct to BG is good for some CHK

Got home tonight to find more emails asking for contractors for BG ! why do they seem to struggle to get people ? got to be something wrong ! if they were that good to contract to, they wouldn't need to advertise as much as they do, engineers would be queuing to get in.

Its always the same in the colder months, they get loads of subbys in to cover the high demand. Then ditch them all come about april/may time once they are up to date and caught up with the back log of services caused by the high volumes on breakdowns. It makes no sense for them to employ all the staff they need for the busy period, all year round, as in the summer they would all be sitting about doing nothing.

Only worth subbing to bg if your desperate imo, they'll patronise you and dump you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Contracting BG in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and water levels are all fine in the cistern. If I flush the toilet and wait all looks fine. However after an hour the water levels have dropped by a couple...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a little problem or a question if all you experienced people can put me straight please? I am just a bit surprised - I had a call out for a plumbing job - in London - the flat is rented out. The kitchen sink was blocked. I called out one company, they did not fix it, and that was £95...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock