Search the forum,

Discuss Contract for Trainee Gas Safe Engineer in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All, I am going to pay to put for one of my guys to be put through his Gas safe MLP course. Its a lot of investment for us and as such we will be drawing up a contract to say that if he leaves before X amount of time then he has to pay the course fees back.

Question - what do you think is reasonable to ask of him in terms of tie into our business after qualifying?
Thanks in advance
Peter

These agreements are difficult to get right and you'll need to involve a lawyer if you want it to stand up in the event of a dispute. See, e.g.

You'll need formula for any repayments that fairly reflects the specifics of the costs and benefits to you and your employee, which your accountant should be able to help with. My advice is to err on the side of generosity, a happy employee is more productive and loyal than an unhappy one you have trapped into working for you.

Reply to Contract for Trainee Gas Safe Engineer in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock