Search the forum,

Discuss Continuous Flow Hot Water System - Highest Temperature in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

UK
Hey all,
I'm setting up a small brewery and need the ability to have instant hot water at decent flow rates.
I've been looking at commercial options but I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good unit that can get unto 80?

Appreciate any guidance!

If you mean up to 80 degrees C, the laws of physics are against you.
A 'decent flow rate' would be say 15 litres per minute?
Say your incoming cold water supply is at 10 degrees C, and you wanted hot water at 80 degrees C, that means heating water flowing at 15lpm by 70 Degrees. That takes about 65 kW according to my reckoning.
That needs a big 3 phase electricity supply, or a big gas pipe!
If you could manage with a more modest flow of say 10lpm, heated instantaneously, that would still need 44kW.

You would stand a better chance of getting both high temperature and high flow rate with a stored hot water option.

As per Undertrained, giving more info about what you want to do would help.

EDIT: Were you thinking of going electric or gas for this?
Maybe you already have a 3-phase electricity supply, or a larger capacity gas meter/supply?

Last edited:

Reply to Continuous Flow Hot Water System - Highest Temperature in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock