Search the forum,

Discuss Constant hiss type sound coming from beneath toilet in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Andrew76

Hi, we're having an issue with our toilet in which only for the past few weeks a slight hissing sound happens 24/7. It sounds something is running through the pipes although there's no clear signs in the cistern or with the water meter etc. It isn't that loud, but certainly noticeable with no ambient sound. Every so often the sound will get a lot lot louder and then stop within a minute or two.

No signs of a leak or anything like this. The extra loud sound just happened and I felt the pipes, there did seem to be a slight vibration through the 'main' water pipe (which has the stopcock on). I can't be 100% sure as it stopped as I was checking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

A very small leak resulting in an extremely fine jet of water can create a surprisingly audible hissing sound. If this leak, e.g. across a valve seat, occurs inside a tap or float valve you may only see a couple of drips a minute from the outlet.

If it gets louder when you lift the lift off the cistern your float valve needs servicing or replacing.

Reply to Constant hiss type sound coming from beneath toilet in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock