Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting values to towel radiator help needed in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

9126E11F-107E-45F0-A9F3-2CC675CE16A9.jpeg
273BDC4D-F9FF-4603-B8BE-B48CB862E566.jpeg
Hi there. I’ve installed a new towel radiator and I’m trying to fit the valves but I’ve come unstuck and need some help.

I’ve bought new angled valves to replace the old ones but I can’t connect them. I think I’m missing something.

They are the right size to screw into the bottom of the radiator, but the valve head is too big so it’s not a tight join

the radiator comes with a connector but the valve dont tighten on them.

See pictures. Apologies if this is something really obvious. Am I missing a connector?

Thanks in advance

8F3668DE-A813-48EF-89AA-F812D702C558.jpeg

sorry don t see your problem. you have nut and olive on the trv, put it on and tighten?

Thanks for the reply! Yes you’re right I can screw in the trv and the other valve but not fully tight as the end butts up against the bottom of the radiator

11A160DA-52B5-4FBC-B0CA-279668348CB3.jpeg

😂 there should be another tail same as the other side

😂 there should be another tail same as
Yes both sides have tails but I’m not sure how to tighten the trv valve onto it. It just slides off currently Am I missing a connector?

Attachments

• 4E7A2011-412B-4C27-AD84-D209F14E2B7C.jpeg
    4E7A2011-412B-4C27-AD84-D209F14E2B7C.jpeg
    384.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Your picture in post #5 is how you do it.
Slide the valve onto the smooth tail, yes it can just fall off again, but then you tighten it with a spanner and the copper olive is compressed - this not only makes a water tight seal but it also stops the valve falling off!

Your picture in post #5 is how you do it.
Slide the valve onto the smooth tail, yes it can just fall off again, but then you tighten it with a spanner and the copper olive is compressed - this not only makes a water tight seal but it also stops the valve falling off!
Thanks for your help

Reply to Connecting values to towel radiator help needed in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock