Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting two extra rads off wood burning rayburn in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

darren bastin

Gas Engineer
I am GSR but have little experience of solid fuel, your patience would be appreciated. A customer has asked me to disconnect two rads from her gas fired centarl heating and connect onto her wood burning stove circuit. Currently the rayburn feeds via 28mm pipework a cylinder , cut into the cylinder pipework above floor is a heat leak rad situated on the other side of the airing cupboard wall. The gas boiler only does the central heating, the wood stove is only used in the winter, in the summer the immersion does the hot water. Is it possible to cut t s into the heat leak rad (22mm) fit a pump and connect up the two rads ? The integrity of the heat leak remains unaffected.
Currently the two rads (8mm pipe) are the most remote on the heating cicuit and struggle, they would be upgraded to 15mm . She has asked me the viability of this as the current heat leak rad gets extremely hot, as does the hot water and she would like to use the excess. What i am not sure about is how a pump(when running) would affect the gravity ciculation on the flow and returns, when the pump runs it would in a round about way pull on the primaries . I am sure there are reasons why this cannot be done perhaps someone would be kind enough to shoot this plan down. I realise you cannot pump the primaries on solid fuel, and the pump would not be on the heat leak.

rayburn 200/212 sfw are not designed to have rad circuits on them and would fail to cook properly or heat a cyl of hot water as intended, 216 sfw rayburns can have rad circuits added but are you happy with installing a pumped cct and an injector T on the return for it to function correctly? along with the low temp thermostat req by rayburn. If you dont have the experience of these and no manuals, best left alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting two extra rads off wood burning rayburn in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I'm looking for a heating engineers/old school plumber to put in a Combi boiler (possibly Intergas) replacing very old open vent system in parallel with a wood burning stove with a back boiler (ESSE Bakeheart) as back up and alternative. I know this relies on two radiator systems. Combi for...
Replies
Views
Hi All...thx for the help in advance. I have recently installed a wood burner with back boiler heating system. Set up with gravity rad and header tank in loft. I have a recirculation pump installed that I have connected to the rad system that I turn on and off manually. I wanted to know how...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My property is a 3-bed terraced with double glazing windows... It currently has no central heating, so I will get a new combi fitted shortly... However, I will be putting in the central heating. My question is, is it still necessary to have a lockshield on the hall rad? I assume that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water cylinder on first floor with two motorised valves and stat. I want to replace the boiler with minimal cost and max efficiency so thinking of replacing...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock