Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting to cast iron tee in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
What's the best way of connecting 110mm plastic to a cast iron tee after removing the lead? Is it to just clear out the flange on the tee insert the 110mm pvc. Then rope and plumbers mate or silicone?

Depends on the internal size sometimes you can get a black drain connector in

Thanks yes I have used the drain connectors before to go in to cast iron pipe but never a cast iron flange/fitting. I will have a look. Q

Thanks yes I have used the drain connectors before to go in to cast iron pipe but never a cast iron flange/fitting. I will have a look. Q

normal way would rope packed in and cemented over/ infill

What's the best way of connecting 110mm plastic to a cast iron tee after removing the lead? Is it to just clear out the flange on the tee insert the 110mm pvc. Then rope and plumbers mate or silicone?
I had this problem a few years ago. I managed to find a fitting that worked like a pan connector. Bellows end went down inside old cast iron stump. Then new plastic 110 slotted into the silicone rubber-ring sealed end. I laid silicone sealant around the plastic end but.... it didn’t take to the flexible seal too well. Was worried I might get some smell but 4 yrs on and daily use I have no problems. If yr interested I’ll search the part out but imo it was basically the same as a straight pan connector only black plastic
[automerge]1595784837[/automerge]

Reply to Connecting to cast iron tee in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock