Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting to black rubber mains pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a cold mains in that is a black flexible rubber looking pipe. Please see photo 1. It is currently connected to a 22mm stopcock.

I’d like to send it 90 deg to the right. This is so I can lower the shelf above it and have the mains come in at a more convenient place. See photo 2 (with annotations).

What’s the best way to connect to this mains pipe? Are there any issues with this plan?

Attachments

• IMG_5112 copy.jpg
    IMG_5112 copy.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5112.jpg
    IMG_5112.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 12
22mm compression elbow and a 3/4 imperial Olive

Almost certainly 1/2 in black alkathene.
If you want to shorten it down 22mm compression fittings with a 3/4 olive works well . You will need to reuse pipe stiffener/insert from existing fitting.
So a 2mm compression elbow with 3/4 olive then reduced to 15,mm and a new stop tap.

But go steady this can be brittle and snap on you depending on age and condition, in fairness yours looks ok. Need a copper liner, is probably one now that you could reuse, or plumbers merchants if not - don’t try and get away without it, even if last person did!

Reply to Connecting to black rubber mains pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock