• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Connecting pvc pipes? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

After I cement my pvc pipe to its pvc connector, is it normal for there to be a small gap between the edge of the pipe and the indent in the connector? It's like 1/4" between the two. I mean, they are stuck and I can't pull them apart, but should it be better?

It could be, you won’t really know until put into operation
OK, thanks. Having a hard time getting it all the way in with the cement in place. Failed twice and that's with a quarter turn and all my weight on it pushing it into the cement floor. I'll keep trying.

Aquarius

Plumber
Gas Engineer
OK, thanks. Having a hard time getting it all the way in with the cement in place. Failed twice and that's with a quarter turn and all my weight on it pushing it into the cement floor. I'll keep trying.
Do you have a photo of said difficult pipe? Is there any excess solvent cement causing it to not go all the way?

Do you have a photo of said difficult pipe? Is there any excess solvent cement causing it to not go all the way?
Trying to upload an image, the site says its too big...

Yes, I put cement on the edge. Maybe not enough? It wasn't my main focus, sort of a "eh, why not" moment.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Need to glue about 3/4” up the pipe and 3/4” in the fitting twist and push at the same time to insert

Reply to Connecting pvc pipes? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net