Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting pure water flexi tap connector to 3/8" John Guest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Grateful for any help on this problem.

I have a Harvey's water filter running a John Guest 3/8" outlet pipe.

I need to connect this to my 3 way tap, which has a flexi tap connector (male) which has an 11mm thread (approx).

Thinking I had this sussed, I ordered a 3/8" x 7/16" UNS tap connector but this didn't twist on to the thread.

I purchased the tap from eBay, which was made in China.

Any ideas on what tap connector will fit/I need?

Thanks in advance.

Made in China you may very well struggle I’m afraid. Maybe take the tap into a local plumbers merchant

Dunno it’s guess work without seeing it it could be metric compared to imperial it could be a random foreign measurement.

I've spoken to the seller and he said it's a standard UK size - 8mm, 1/4" connector. Given the 7/16" was too small, surely the 1/4" will be even smaller?

What am I missing?!

I ordered the 3/8" to 1/2" connector but the female end is massive.

I've attached an image of the pipe - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
And the other end is attached to the tap?? Take it to a merchant.

And is there any fixed pipe under that sink at all or just flexis

The thread shown above is not formed properly.
Take it out and take it to the merchant as advised because there is no point whatsoever in guessing with something that badly machined.

If its Chinese, then it will supposedly be either a BSP, NPT or metric thread. If it's NPT then only 1/2" & 3/4" is compatible with BSP. If its metric, there is some overlap with BSP. Please do as suggested.

The other end is attached to the tap, so now difficult to take out to show a merchant.

The 3 way tap has 3 flexible hoses attached. The other two (connected to the water softener are now connected)

The other end is attached to the tap, so now difficult to take out to show a merchant.

The 3 way tap has 3 flexible hoses attached. The other two (connected to the water softener are now connected)

The advice still stands if you wish to do it properly and properly is all we can advise here.

Reply to Connecting pure water flexi tap connector to 3/8" John Guest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock