Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting copper pipe to cistern . in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
A complete novice question. I need to connect a copper pipe to the cistern. I don't have enough space for a flexible hose. Can I insert the copper pipe inside the cistern's plastic inlet and use a nut and olive on it or is that not the way to do it?
Also, the inlet has a small filter. If I keep the filter, I can't insert the copper pipe into the inlet. Do I need the filter or is it ok to not use it?

Many thanks.

You can’t do it like that, it just won’t work, you need a tap connector of some type with a rubber/fibre washer in it to make a seal.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/strai...tE_QA_itszqFda-ZaWBoCE_cQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This would work, attach the fitting to the cistern then put the copper pipe into the nut/olive side. Yes you need the filter
Hope this helps

You can’t do it like that, it just won’t work, you need a tap connector of some type with a rubber/fibre washer in it to make a seal.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/strai...tE_QA_itszqFda-ZaWBoCE_cQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This would work, attach the fitting to the cistern then put the copper pipe into the nut/olive side. Yes you need the filter
Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply. I will look for a suitable tap connector. 👍

Reply to Connecting copper pipe to cistern . in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone advise me on a possible flexible connection between a water inlet pipe and a cistern? I have posted images of a 150 mm long flexible pipe, the shortest I could find, and the existing pipework disconnected from a cistern. The pipe to the cistern will not reconnect properly and...
Replies
Views
This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The boiler works fine if I connect the hoses up to a remote tank of diesel. I am assuming that a filter is blocked somewhere but there is nothing between...
Replies
Views
I have fitted this brass float valve to my toilet cistern. Obviously the inlet is the same level as the overflow pipe so it needs to be water tight. The inlet pipe is not flexible and enters the cistern at a slight angle to the side of the cistern, the washer I used is not squishy. The result...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, It appears my toilet inlet pipe has developed a leak at on of the top 2 joints (between plastic pipe into toilet and between copper pipe with isolator screw) I'll attach pic. Just wondering what the fitting is that I need. Thanks, G
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock