Search the forum,

Discuss connecting' back to wall' WC to high level cistern; is this possible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Ding

I have the possibility of siting a back to wall WC on a stud wall with a void behind that can be opened up above to accommodate a high level cistern; any one know if this can work?

I have the possibility of siting a back to wall WC on a stud wall with a void behind that can be opened up above to accommodate a high level cistern; any one know if this can work?
stick a concealed system at high level,but you would have to use a different flush button kit to bring it lower

yeah weve done that make sure your button hoses reach like sheff paul says.

the restrictor is applied to the fitter whom does not know where to stick it CHK

no, I mean an old fashioned high level cistern with a chain flush, don't want the button flush at all.

Fitted to the inlet of the wc to slow the water down. You can generally use an 1 1/4 plastic washer inserted before you push the flush pipe in.
otherwise you might get a wet tush!

At least from high level there's a chance a 4.5 litre cistern might actually give a good flush.

However if it's a rimless pan, stand well back.

why is a restrictor necessary? the old WC's weren't a problem ( I have one it works fine) I gather to have an old fashioned HL cistern you need an old fashioned pan, if you want a good flush without water flying out!

Modern flushes just wont take away the sunday dinner,when sat on the throne sunday night

I hear you...
The water saving cisterns should come with 3 buttons.

1/2 Flush
Full Flush..
..and..
TSUNAMI FLUSH..

The Tsunami flush button could be put at the side of the cistern, under a protective cap...or have a key lock.
There should also be a warning sticker at the button ...stating...

" Beware.. use at own discretion....( not suitable for people under the age of 15, the elderly or infirm. Please ensure toilet seat lid is in the firmly set in the closed position prior to using this option. No responsibility will be taken for misuse or damage caused by this option if the instructions supplied with this cistern are not adhered to.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to connecting' back to wall' WC to high level cistern; is this possible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock