Search the forum,

Discuss Connect into my rainwater sewer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve_f

Hi

I would like to hire a plumber and/or landscaper to put a rainwater drain beside my brick-built garden shed.
I get a lot of surface water in the garden and it goes into the shed.

If money isn't an object, can I ask a plumber to do the following:

1) Put a drain near my shed
2) Connect this drain to the public rainwater sewer, which is on my property, and approximately 12 metres away from the shed?

I think there is enough of a drop for the water to flow to the sewer, I can esily get a 1 in 80 drop (15 cm over 12 metres) so the water should just flow without a pump.

Questions:
Is this possible and feasible?
Do I need planning permission or permission from Thames Water?

PS: I have already gone down the soakaway route and the clay soil isn't amenable, and am harvesting 1500 litres of rainwater already and can't afford to harvest any more. I just want a non-flooded lawn.

Many thanks for reading.

100mm drain should have a 1:150 fall. I think you will require Building Regulation Part H approval and Thames Water approval.

Not really a job for a plumber it's below ground so builder / civils contractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connect into my rainwater sewer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have an outdoor open drain which runs along the side of our house and then into an underground 5" pipe which takes the water away to the sewer. I want to pipe the open drain so that the water isn't exposed when it runs along the side of the house. Please see my attached diagram...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks. I dropped...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop and then occurs again. I have a little plastic bucket to collect the water, probably about 3 cups of water in a 24 hour period. I was doing some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock