Search the forum,

Discuss Connect into my rainwater sewer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve_f

Hi

I would like to hire a plumber and/or landscaper to put a rainwater drain beside my brick-built garden shed.
I get a lot of surface water in the garden and it goes into the shed.

If money isn't an object, can I ask a plumber to do the following:

1) Put a drain near my shed
2) Connect this drain to the public rainwater sewer, which is on my property, and approximately 12 metres away from the shed?

I think there is enough of a drop for the water to flow to the sewer, I can esily get a 1 in 80 drop (15 cm over 12 metres) so the water should just flow without a pump.

Questions:
Is this possible and feasible?
Do I need planning permission or permission from Thames Water?

PS: I have already gone down the soakaway route and the clay soil isn't amenable, and am harvesting 1500 litres of rainwater already and can't afford to harvest any more. I just want a non-flooded lawn.

Many thanks for reading.

100mm drain should have a 1:150 fall. I think you will require Building Regulation Part H approval and Thames Water approval.

Not really a job for a plumber it's below ground so builder / civils contractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connect into my rainwater sewer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock