Search the forum,

Discuss Connect 40mm Tee with male to 40mm flexcon 4 with male in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi,

I'm attempting to extend the plumbing under the sink a little, as the drainage pipe on the new washing machine doesn't reach the spigot.

I've bought a mcalpine flexcon 4 pipe thinking i could just connect that onto the tee and then attach the spigot to the end of that. The problem is that the tee is a male connector, and both sides of the flexcon 4 are also male connectors.

So my question is, how can i connect the 2 together? is there some form of adapter i can use, or maybe a tee with a female connector i can attach the flexcon 4 pipe to?

http://i.*********/mQ1WRqs.jpg

Basically what would work, would be a female and female connector, but after hours of searching there doesn't seem to be one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm pulling my hair out here.

Thanks
Lee :)

Get yourself the grey outlet hose and just extend the grey waste pipe from machine only need a couple of jubilee clips , it will expand to about 2 mts

Sorry jtsplumbing i should have mentioned that I've already connected the machine with a drainage pipe extension and this works. I just don't like it set-up like this, as it looks messy under the sink.

I read while researching the problem that the proper way to do this is to extend the plumbing, not the drainage pipe.

Does a 40mm adapter exist which is female both ends?
Is there a tee that exists that has a female connector?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connect 40mm Tee with male to 40mm flexcon 4 with male in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from. Why I think its I've used calipers on the threads and counted them, and the male end sticking out of the vessel is BSPT 3/4 with 14 threads per inch...
Replies
Views
Hi, just hoping someone can advise on best option to connect 40mm waste pipe to a flexible bath waste hose of approx 30mm, I assume some form a spigot to will needed but not sure exactly what to search for. Many thanks in advance!
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke. The top of the old broken connector still screws on but the 3/4 ones I've bought don't fit. I've thought of buying female brass hosepipe connector might solve...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally. I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits. I can't cut a new hole above...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock