Search the forum,

Discuss Confusion over Nozzle alternative in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its on an outdoor oil fired Mistral boiler with a Riello RDB1 burner. The recommended nozzle is Delavan .55/80 degree W

In the Danfoss conversion chart it shows Delavan W alternative as Danfoss B, but in the Riello manual for the burner it shows the alternative as Danfoss type H-S.

Any ideas?!

How are you? Long time since we spoke!:)
The nozzles can be confusing and each boiler maker seem to have different nozzle recommendations.
The Riello manual is only Riello burner general advice.
Ignore that and stay with what the boiler manufacturer states on MIs, or its alternative nozzle.

Hi Gary, I'm good thanks, yourself? Yeah there's not been any cries for help lately........although you may have just cursed that!!! :p

The MIs don't state an alternative so I guess I should just stick to the Delavan W nozzle in this case. I only asked as I find Danfoss nozzles much easier to come by!

Is it Ben? Forgive me if I am wrong, but I could be getting mixed up with names.
Yes, I am good, but not many of the oil guys on here much now with the change.
I always found the Delavan W nozzle to be unique.
But am sure equivalent nozzle if used and giving good analyser results would be fine. Boiler manufacturer though might use that as an excuse if boiler give trouble

Last edited:
Your correct, it is Ben :)

What change is it thats keeping the other oil guys away?

I couldn't get my hands on a Delavan nozzle locally so decided to call Mistral and ask if they can recommend a Danfoss alternative as then they can't use it as an excuse if like you say the boiler gives any problems. They recommended a Danfoss EH nozzle.

The boiler had been working fine for twelve months and then yesterday afternoon decided to blow massive amounts of soot out! o_O

Your correct, it is Ben :)

What change is it thats keeping the other oil guys away?

I couldn't get my hands on a Delavan nozzle locally so decided to call Mistral and ask if they can recommend a Danfoss alternative as then they can't use it as an excuse if like you say the boiler gives any problems. They recommended a Danfoss EH nozzle.

The boiler had been working fine for twelve months and then yesterday afternoon decided to blow massive amounts of soot out! o_O

I can't see what is wrong with using a Danfoss EH nozzle anyway, but boiler manufacturers seem to have strange reasons.
I always prefer the hollow nozzles personally, but that is just me, and 80 degrees for a lot of boilers.
If you get perfect analysers readings, then it should be fine.
The forum was changed a while back and the Mods and most of the guys left to start another forum.
SimonG does oil and I think he still is on here occasionally.

Last edited:
Danfoss eh for me. But I find Mistral and their boilers about as much use as a chocolate fire gaurd.

I'm on here less and less. Too many weird posts.

Danfoss eh for me. But I find Mistral and their boilers about as much use as a chocolate fire gaurd.

I'm on here less and less. Too many weird posts.

Hi Simon. I thought I was beginning to think I was only oil guy left. :p
I am same with Danfoss eh nozzles, - I just feel they are the best.
Agree some of the posts are weird and not believable. Seems silly answering to them. This needs addressed.

Hi Simon. I thought I was beginning to think I was only oil guy left. :p
I am same with Danfoss eh nozzles, - I just feel they are the best.
Agree some of the posts are weird and not believable. Seems silly answering to them. This needs addressed.

Sorry op

Problem is that's the way the industry is going, have a go, then another go, then google it :D and finally ask for help

By this time pro would of done it and left and been cheaper in the long run but the cus doesn't think / charge himself for the time he's put on it

Certainly the trade is changing and a lot of people think they can do without the expense of a pro doing the work. I guess we all do same on work to our homes or cars, to a certain extent, by help of Internet.
The post here by Duker996 is a genuine post, - I know that for sure because I know Ben from the past and that he has been a member here for a few years and does work on oil. That is why I replied, but I also know there are a lot of "new members" coming on this forum with weird posts that don't seem right. To reply to those posts is probably like talking to oneself, as IMO they aren't genuine.

Certainly the trade is changing and a lot of people think they can do without the expense of a pro doing the work. I guess we all do same on work to our homes or cars, to a certain extent, by help of Internet.
The post here by Duker996 is a genuine post, - I know that for sure because I know Ben from the past and that he has been a member here for a few years and does work on oil. That is why I replied, but I also know there are a lot of "new members" coming on this forum with weird posts that don't seem right. To reply to those posts is probably like talking to oneself, as IMO they aren't genuine.

You can tell he's a tradesman by his reply :D

Yeah it was a genuine question on my behalf!

I usually try to do everything by the book and in this case the book was a Delavan nozzle that I couldn't get my hands on that day. As it's a combi the customer wasn't too keen to wait another day for me to get it back running so hence the question!

The Danfoss conversion chart and MI's were conflicting so I always like to get a second opinion on what to do or go direct to the manufacturer.

I'm never too proud to ask either :D

If you work out the output needed, and the flow rate of the nozzle, you could use a danfoss nozzle. There is an app called nozzle calculator you can use to work out the size of nozzle required. 80 deg nozzles give good flame stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Confusion over Nozzle alternative in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock