Search the forum,

Discuss Condition Of Flue For Glow Worm Micron 30FF Gas Boiler Help? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I decided to inspect the inside of my Glow Worm Micron 30FF Flue by using an endoscope.

Can anyone tell me how this looks to them, is the condition reasonable on the inner flue piece? Oh and what is that funny shape inside the flue going out towards the outside?

Also the last two photo's are of the inside of the outer flue piece...

WIN_20220826_09_12_10_Pro.jpgWIN_20220826_09_12_30_Pro.jpgWIN_20220826_09_12_47_Pro.jpgWIN_20220826_09_10_58_Pro.jpgWIN_20220826_09_16_06_Pro.jpgWIN_20220826_09_16_40_Pro.jpgWIN_20220826_09_16_51_Pro.jpg

The first 3 photos look ok.
Just scale from products of combustion on inner core of flue.

Photos 4 & 5 look like the remnants of a wasps nest. Probably made during down time of boiler.
Most probably inactive during usage time of boiler - due to CO poisoning of wasps.

Photos 6 & 7.
Not sure whats going on there.
Perfect environment for what ever wants to live there.
Warm environment during winter with fresh air being drawn in during operation of boiler.
Cool in summer with fresh air - and safe from larger predators.

Good pics of what a flue looks like.
Did you intentionally purchase the item to look at the flue or was it just another thing to look at after you purchased the item

The first 3 photos look ok.
Just scale from products of combustion on inner core of flue.

Photos 4 & 5 look like the remnants of a wasps nest. Probably made during down time of boiler.
Most probably inactive during usage time of boiler - due to CO poisoning of wasps.

Photos 6 & 7.
Not sure whats going on there.
Perfect environment for what ever wants to live there.
Warm environment during winter with fresh air being drawn in during operation of boiler.
Cool in summer with fresh air - and safe from larger predators.

Good pics of what a flue looks like.
Did you intentionally purchase the item to look at the flue or was it just another thing to look at after you purchased the item
Hi and thanks for the reply. No I purchased the endoscope off eBay ages ago to check inside a cylinder head, it's been quite useful for other stuff too. I see amazon sell Draper ones for only £18 just in case you want one if you haven't already.
I agree it looks like just debris more than anything else so thanks for confirming that. One of the reasons I checked it out was because a neighbour across the road was told by a BG engineer that his flue was rusted inside but the flue's are stainless steel or aluminium right?

Reply to Condition Of Flue For Glow Worm Micron 30FF Gas Boiler Help? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock