Search the forum,

Discuss Condense pipe connected to rainwater pipe in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

G

George1995

Hi all,

My gas engineer connected the condense pipe to the rainwater pipe and now it’s returning water back into the boiler when there is a heavy rain.

We installed a one way flow valve internally however the pressure of the rainwater coming into the condense pipe is still causing issues. Yesterday I came to a half full bucket which I cautiously put under the boiler otherwise it would have flood the neighbours again.

I am quite desperate at this point as we are at the end of the project and the gas engineer has given up on fixing this.

I will be selling this flat and have a few questions.

1. Is there any low budget solution (not much budget left)
2. Are condense pipes regulated (do they always need to be connected to a building pipe)?
3. is there a product that can stop the pressure from the rainwater and solve the issue?

1/ Low budget - I walk
2/ Yes
3/ Get the rainwater pipes cleaned or upgraded so they can handle the rainfall.
If they're not coping with the rainfall above ground floor, the building has issues.

Not the Plumbers issue if the drains can't handle a couple of litres of condensate an hour due to rain.

Fit a hopper where it connects to the rain water pipe and drop the condense pipe into the hopper won’t back up you can ask for a free inspection from gas safe if any faults found he will be made to rectify

Reply to Condense pipe connected to rainwater pipe in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock