Search the forum,

Discuss Condense neutralisers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Masey

Gas Engineer
My only option for a condense pipe on this instal is to run outside. However I think the 2 soil pipes here are cast iron or asbestos. Was thinking of adding a neutraliser and trying to instal a soak away.

What are people thoughts on these?

udeqadem.jpg

It's a swap from an old non condensing combi.

Look like cast. Put a magnet on it if it sticks buy a 54mm hole cutter and a strap on boss.

Look like cast. Put a magnet on it if it sticks buy a 54mm hole cutter and a strap on boss.

Hit it with a small hammer gently, if its cast it will ring like a bell, if it's asbestos if will sound like my head :thinking2:

If you are putting into a soakaway then no neutraliser needed just fill with lime chippings, a bag will easily do 3.

If you are putting into a soakaway then no neutraliser needed just fill with lime chippings, a bag will easily do 3.

I love that. Here we are, most of our branches sat on several trillion cubic metres of the largest deposits of natural limestone in Europe, and people BUY lime chippings of us.

Then they go into the garden, dig a small crevice in that self same trillion cubic metres of natural limestone, discarding the spoil which consists largely of limestone chippings and add half a bag of ...

...limestone chippings.

Ker-ching!

Mcalpine do a fitting for cast iron stacks. Can't remember the number.

Fit it below the toilet connection so condense is regularly flushed away.

you registered gas operative Dan?

why are you not in the private section?

I normally use strap on boss with the nut and bolt fastening and lip that goes into stack . Rub off paint around hole and dab on liquid ptfe. Never leak ever

Never heard of that! Or liquid PTFE! Link me!

Not all cast is the right size for a plastic boss though.

you registered gas operative Dan?

why are you not in the private section?

Sitting my CCN1 in 3 weeks time, on my foundation course at the moment so this is a portfolio job with my company. Just wanted to know your thoughts before i met the engineer on site. Like to know what others would do in certain cases. Guessing i still cant into the other forum yet?

Sitting my CCN1 in 3 weeks time, on my foundation course at the moment so this is a portfolio job with my company. Just wanted to know your thoughts before i met the engineer on site. Like to know what others would do in certain cases. Guessing i still cant into the other forum yet?

We cannot & will not give advice to non registered people dan ;p

whats at the bottom of the left down pipe??
am I just seeing this wrong, it looks like a down pipe with hopper, waste pipes into it??
does it not have a gully at floor level, can the condense pipe not run to there??

We cannot & will not give advice to non registered people dan ;p

Totally understand that mate. Wouldn't ask gas related questions until iv qualified anyway.
Just wanted to know others thoughts on this condense pipe. Kitchen fitters move condense pipes daily so not really gas advise.

Iv seen the ones where you drill a 22mm hole in cast iron, and fit a proper condense boss. It has a clip on the inside which tightens up with a screw thread. Like a drainage access door. Pretty smart. New macalpine range.

Totally understand that mate. Wouldn't ask gas related questions until iv qualified anyway.
Just wanted to know others thoughts on this condense pipe. Kitchen fitters move condense pipes daily so not really gas advise.

i was only messing Dan... I just wanted to feel powerful like Croppie ;D

They have to be limestone chippings from Somerset - Ray no south coast rubbish
Mr. Weltons family have the only quarry which is wras approved for this material Chk
I love that. Here we are, most of our branches sat on several trillion cubic metres of the largest deposits of natural limestone in Europe, and people BUY lime chippings of us.

Then they go into the garden, dig a small crevice in that self same trillion cubic metres of natural limestone, discarding the spoil which consists largely of limestone chippings and add half a bag of ...

...limestone chippings.

Ker-ching!

only put into the cast soil if there is a sanitary appliance above to flush the condense once in a while or it will eat into the cast .

Now he wants sympathy - and positive strokes -

you are a good mod and get straight to the point quickly which is often quite important -
you also share bits of your life with us from time to time - the best mod is . ?
CHK

I don't feel powerful, I know deep down you are all just humouring me!

you are a good mod and get straight to the point quickly which is often quite important -
you also share bits of your life with us from time to time - the best mod is . ?
CHK

Oh no! nononoononononononononononononononono....................

Last time that sort of thing happened we had all out war in the mod shack!

Mark's still got the scars and me and Steve are only just back on speaking terms!

CHK

System3..... And with that Im off out for the night!:troll:

How can a poxy boiler condense pipe cause so much post, don't they cover it in the GSR training :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad they don't ..... How much money u made out of replacing rotting kestons or swapping frozen Connie's for a bucket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condense neutralisers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock