Search the forum,

Discuss Condensate waste thought's,? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

exedon2

Esteemed
Picture of boiler with a 15 year service record by same company
Thoughts on condensate waste?
20230328_150651.jpg

I may be a sceptic, but I have doubts about that being a condensate waste.
The copper would have corroded over that time.

I've seen copper eaten through in a couple of years with untreated / unmaintained condensate waste

Probably pressure relief valve you are referring to.

Same here!
I'd be amazed if that was condensate and still intact. It would normally be ribbons by now. If it is, maybe the boiler is never condensing? I have only seen that once with a boiler that was way over-sized for the job but the trap dried out every 6 month and lead to it stopping.

Return temperature so high it never went into condensing mode? The expansion tank clearly wasn't adequately fixed to the wall either. (One brown Rawlplug, sigh...) And there's a blind stub next to the filling loop valve. And the CH expansion vessel is between a zone valve and a gate valve.

Also I’ve seen someone fill the trap up with lime chippings before as a cheap condy neutraliser

Reply to Condensate waste thought's,? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock