Search the forum,

Discuss Condensate drain off & leak in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

So I have a new Vaillant condensing boiler (ecoFIT pure). I can see the plastic condensate pipe that exits the boiler. The boiler is currently set to 62C, so should be condensing, but the condensate pipe never even gets warm to the touch even if the boiler's been on for a while - should it? The boiler seems to run fine, which I presume it would not if there was condensate problem, right?

Only problem seems to be a loss of pressure of a about 1/4 bar a week which I assume is an unrelated issue that needs to be sorted, albeit apparently extremely difficult to figure where the leak is :-( Anyone know how to find this kind of 'small' leak somewhere?

Last edited:
no condensate drain won't feel warm as its below dew point when leaving all heat extracted also it usually exits when siphon full so not all time leak needs to be looked at, when was last time boiler serviced may be worthwhile getting all looked at on one visit.

no condensate drain won't feel warm as its below dew point when leaving all heat extracted also it usually exits when siphon full so not all time leak needs to be looked at, when was last time boiler serviced may be worthwhile getting all looked at on one visit.
Thanks re the condensate pipe warmth. Boiler was installed a few weeks ago, so will be going back to the installer. Just wanted to know what the approach would be, typically. I already checked none of the visible joints at the rads seem wet... and can't see any signs or water damage (at least on upstairs ceilings). Problem is it's probably a very small amount of water (?), over a longish period of time...

Pressure actually shown on the boiler tends to go up and down depending on if the pump is running and what the latent temp is of the boiler. So the drop rate is a estimate over a couple of weeks or so (I'm keeping records).

A bit of a pressure drop initially could be air making its way out but sounds like you have a small leak.
You can use some leak sealing products but id rather leave as long as pos to try and find the leak.
Be aware you may need to replace the inhibitor if your topping up often

Reply to Condensate drain off & leak in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock