Search the forum,

Discuss Condensate drain connection to rainwater drain in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm going to have to get by boiler replaced which means provision needs to be made for a condensate drain as the old boiler didn't have one.

The boiler is in the garage, that is part of the house, if that makes sense. The house was built in 1999.
There is no convenient internal drain.
Outside, there is a rainwater drain about 4 metres away from where the boiler is located that is fed by the roof gutter downpipe.
Severn Trent charge me for surface water drainage.
I'd like to extend the external rainwater drain underground and fit an additional trap and grid. Then send the condensate drain outside to the new trap, with suitable thermal insulation.

Is there anything wrong with this idea from a regulatory perspective please?

I would just use a soak away. Easier than what you are planning.

What's the thoughts of your gas engineer?
I've not had that discussion with him yet. He's advised me which boiler manufacturers he prefers and I'm doing background reading so we can have a meaningful discussion of this and other pertinent aspects of the job.

Reply to Condensate drain connection to rainwater drain in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock