Search the forum,

Discuss Condensate boss into washing machine standpipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Hi guys,
got a job coming up where one of the issues is the kitchen fitter connected a condensate pipe to a washing machine standpipe by drilling a 22mm hole and siliconing the condensate pipe from the combi into that...
Surprise surprise - it is now leaking.
Boss.jpg

I would like to know if regs are happy with the idea of this, not the way it has been done here, just the general idea of running a condensate pipe into a standpipe via a tee. If so I would be trying to get hold of the below item.
condensate universal swept tee.jpg
I've looked at my usual plumbing suppliers and can't find one anywhere, will start ringing the independants if regs permit this.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Hi JC i put them into stand pipes, nothing wrong with that. You can buy a rubber seal that will fit your inch and half tee to take a overflow pipe.

I prefer the mc alpine clamp 1 gr ( grey) the white one 1wh isn't the same for me.... My initials are GR.

Yeah I saw the McAlpine clamp while browsing, that's got a solvent weld boss on if I remember correctly. Cheaper than the polypipe one I pictured too :)
Will find out what the merchants have if I get the job, they haven't got back to me yet, about 6 jobs need doing to correct some 'handyman' work they had done...

Not acceptable unless the MI's specifically allow it.
The condensate pipe is classed as part of the flue.

Not acceptable unless the MI's specifically allow it.
The condensate pipe is classed as part of the flue.
i always see that as a debatable statement if its part of the flue who decided that overflow pipe was a suitable flue or that a soil stack thats tested to 3inches water is sound enough to use as a flue and is a durgo sound enough to be part of a flue system?

Thanks for the advice guys but I didn't get the job anyway :( , someone seems to have come up with a lower quote - the blighters! (unless it's Kay-Jay)
I quoted £135 for the following
repair leaking kitchen mixer tap (just new o-rings on the spout)
repair leaking bathroom mono (new cartridge)
repair bathroom filler/shower hose combo thing. (not sure why it was dripping, but likely diverter - so new o-rings)
renew silicone round bath and basin.
supply/fit proper fitting to connect leaking condensate to stand pipe.

I thought it was a reasonable quote as any of those jobs would be £40-50 on their own, should have asked him how much the other guy quoted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensate boss into washing machine standpipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock