Search the forum,

Discuss Concrete around sewage pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm handy, but not much plumbing experience. Firstly, if I go under my house the toilet PVC line goes into the ground with a "pyramid" cement casing around it. What is that called? I want to google the best way to cut through it without damaging any pipes but don't event know the name of it.

I believe the PVC I can see goes into a ceramic line and the join there is failing. Each time you flush I can see a tiny bit of water seeps underneath.

Thank you.

It would be called Haunching in the U.K

The earthenware glazed pipe (blue)in the ground is probably cracked under or through the collar (red line) and you'll either need to cut away the haunching to just below and use a flexible joint over the outside of the pipes or an adapter to join the PVC pipe (purple) inside the earthenware.

Couldn't find picture online to borrow so here's a sketch I made earlier šŸ˜‚

Pipe Haunch.png
Ext Connector.jpg

Int connector.PNG

Reply to Concrete around sewage pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house for almost 10 years, no issues. Have 2 bathrooms, 2 loos that all go to a large underground soakaway, I believe. I can only see one soil vent pipe...
Replies
Views
Good day, Can someone please advise me if it is possible to replace old terracotta waste pipes for PVC in a section only? My sewage line goes downhill away from the house to the sewer main. What I assume to be an inspection shaft is at the bottom of my property. I want to replace only a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
Hi Some people (not plumbers) have advised me that it's not such a good idea to a) Have 4 x 90deg bends in a sewer pipe and b) Encase these pipes in the concrete walls of the new pool. You can see the problem in this video: and the re-routed pipes here that will be encased in the concrete...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock