Search the forum,

Discuss Concertina Piping? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hotchocolate

The discharge pipes from my kitchen sink pass horizontally through the wall into my bathroom and are T'd into the vertical discharge pipe from my neighbours bathroom which is above mine. So basically there is a discharge pipe passing through my bathroom from the ceiling straight down through the floor but halfway down between the cieling and floor the discharge pipe from my kitchen is T'd into it at 90 degrees. Problem is that it was done by an unknown past owner and rather than use a 'T' the horizontal discharge from the kitchen has just been pushed into a hole into the vertical pipe and held on by cable ties, and so it leaks. I know that it needs to be done properly with a T and I am happy to do it myself but the T's I have seen have a flange that the PVC pipes that connect to them are pushed into. This means that the pipes to be connected must have some flexibility and can be pushed back past the flange in the first place. As the discharge pipe running top to bottom through my bathroom is fixed so this means that it would not be possible to lift the discharge pipe upwards in order to place the T under it and so then lower the pipe into the flange afterwards, so I was wondering how this should be done? It would be possible to saw out a length of pipe a little longer than the T and then to place the T and also maybe a concertine'd tubing, one that could sit on top of the T and then unravelled upwards to make it longer and so fit around the bottom of the pipe coming down. Is this the correct way to do this? Do such joints exist? How would a pro do this? Thanks for any help

do you mean you want to cut a t into the 4" soil pipe? if so get a 4" slip coupling you can slide this up the then put a piece of pipe in then slide it back down. Or use a strap on boss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the advice. Simple indeed when you know how. I've bought the bits and will try it out ASAP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Concertina Piping? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The soil pipe from my bathroom passes through the outside wall and into the roofspace above the adjacent single storey kitchen before dropping into the ground at the end of the kitchen (about 4.5m out). The existing vent riser comes off outside the bathroom and rises through the roof on the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the soil pipe in position. The supplied fitting is now approximately 130mm offset from the vertical connection. Any ideas? (amateur obviously!) Wondered...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question is the brown pipe seems to have came loose, but seems to have just been pushed into thread above.There is nothing holding it in place, is this...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock