Search the forum,

Discuss concerns regarding soakaway dug for combi boiler overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

b1956

ive just had a combi boiler fitted and a pipe runs through the kitchen wall from the boiler to outside, i presume an overflow for condensation (?), and it runs down the wall to the ground where the plumber has excavated my tarmac drive and created a small soakaway.
(i) Is this the done thing when there isnt a drain to directly run into ?
(ii) Will this cause a potential damp problem as it has been dug right against the brick wall and filled with pebbles ?

Any comments/advise appreciated. Thanks

Well you can purchase a plastic ground trap that you fill with lime stones and run the condensate into it,the lime stones take care of the acidic condensate,its about 300mm deep and 100 wide,no soakaway should be right next to the building and I believe the unit mentioned above should be a min of 250mm from wall

The soakaway should be at least 500mm away from the house, preferably 1000mm. 400mm deep from memory and filled with lime chippings. What size pipe did they use and if overflow pipe is it insulated?

I had another look at this and its a complete abortion in my opinion.
I will try and upload a photo.

Basically the plumber dug a small hole in my tarmac drive and then took some pebbles from my flowerbed and classed that as a soakaway (right next to the brickwork).

2 pipes come through the wall, a half inch copper pipe which comes out and goes down half the wall then stops (no idea what this is) and an inch plastic pipe that comes out, goes down the wall (at an angle) and terminates in the bodged soakaway.

As the work was done while i was on holiday and i had to pay up front i am stressing about it all. I'm going to ring him and give him the opportunity to put this right and if not i'll contact gas safe (he is registered) for advice. Is there anything i can do ?

The copper pipe will be your discharge pipe. You condensate pipe will be the plastic one terminating in the soakaway.

"Is there anything i can do ?" - Sounds like you've already done the right thing with giving them the opportunity to put it right. If they won't refer to the GSF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to concerns regarding soakaway dug for combi boiler overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock