Search the forum,

Discuss Concern over flow of electric shower in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have water immersion heater on a timer.
Problem:I need more instant hot water - 5 people in house having daily showers.
Currently we have 2 bathrooms which are fine for showers and pressure is decent enough (until hot water runs out!)
There IS a pump to increase the pressure which works well.

A few questions:
1. Will the pressure in the NEW electric shower should be as good as it currently is? Or nearly as good?
2. Can I use a NEW electric shower in conjunction with my existing hot water supply ? (My thinking here is that a new electric shower will perform better if the water feeding it is also hot or warmish).

1. Electric shower wont perform as well as a pumped shower from cylinder. But better if you are running out of hot water.
2. No.

You might ensure that the allowed time is long enough to bring the cylinder to its full temperature, also you could consider increasing the immersion thermostat by 10C, if its set to 60C, increase it to 70C, this will give effectively 20% more water at a showering temperature of 40C.

Reply to Concern over flow of electric shower in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
D
I currently have an 8.5kw electric shower on a gravity fed system in bathroom which doesn't give great flow when hot turned up but to get a 10mm cable to fuse board would be really difficult at best (I've checked and on 6mm at the minute) I would like a mains shower however changing to unvented...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock