Search the forum,

Discuss Concealed sistern not fully flushing rimless pan in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I have two loos one with a concealed sistern and a rimless pan

The other against a wall close coupled also with a rimless pan.
This unit has a really strong flush which meets at the front of the pan and thoroughly cleans.

The first unit with the concealed sistern has a much weaker flush and does not reach the front of the pan.

I have been trying to find a dual flush valve that will do what the one in the close coupled loo does, flush thoroughly.

Anybody have any idea for a particular make perhaps that is known for a strong flush. Needs to be with a remote button.

Being concealed is probably going to have a flush pipe, have you checked this for any partial blockage?

Hi
Thanks for your response.
The whole thing was new a few months ago. Water is flushing through OK just not enough volume to reach properly to the from to the pan.
I was wondering if the actual valve comes in different sizes. A bigger one to let the water through faster?
It does seem to come through much faster on the close coupled unit.

Water is flushing through OK just not enough volume to reach properly to the from to the pan.

Which can be a restriction in the flushpipe, believe it or not.

I was wondering if the actual valve comes in different sizes. A bigger one to let the water through faster?

Valves do come in different sizes, and flush volumes. Current water regulations stipulate if it’s a new installation then (unless it’s changed) a maximum 6 litre flush volume. It could also be a filling issue, as in not to the water level.

It does seem to come through much faster on the close coupled unit.

If it’s a push button, as opposed to a flush pipe then it will be different.

With Rimless pans there's very fine line between flushing up to the rim and flushing over and out of the rim.

I've had to fit restrictors in the flush pipe in the past in commercial buildings where new rimless pans have been fitted to older type concealed cisterns.
It's usually the extra volume of water that takes it over the rim near the end of the flush.
Have you tried setting the water level as high as you possible can?

Hi sorry not to have responded sooner. Other problems came up which took precedence.
I will get round to checking the level of water in the cistern as soon as I can and report back.
Thanks to all who have advised.
josh

Reply to Concealed sistern not fully flushing rimless pan in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock