Search the forum,

Discuss Concealed shower advi e please in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi im just starting new shower in our new extension. Its a concealed thermostatic mixer from victorian plumb, no instructions.

Im putting the valve in a false wall which has been plastered, I pre installed the hot and cold feed and have just opened the box with the shower head.

It has a thread on the end which I guess will screw onto a wall plate elbow pre installed behind the bath panels etc.

The shower head thread has a brass backnut and washer on it, Im not sure how this to be installed? Onc
167519004199742361039546864834.jpg
e the wall panels are on I obviously wont be able to get behind them ( outside wall) so why are they there?

Any advice appreciated

You don’t your wall plate elbow is fixed etc so no need for the brass back nut

Yes to tighten it up on a board / surface but you can’t get to them so ok if you have an access panel :)

Shaun answered you but I don’t know if it’s too late/even possible but I’d return that shower and get a known branded piece of kit.

In a few years, when you need a new cartridge for that shower, you’re highly unlikely to get one.

Sorry to say, but in my opinion, VP sucks.

Reply to Concealed shower advi e please in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have installed my concealed shower valve and fitted wall panels, I'm soon ready to put shower fittings through the panels and screw them into the wall plate elbows. My question is what shall I use to seal the threads in the most effective way? I have Loctite thread locker as the thread...
Replies
Views
My plumber fitted a shower, 2 of the walls are glass panels and one is a tile board (wedi board). He joint the wedi board pieces (3 pieces) close to each other but didn't use any joint sealant. When I asked him whether this will be an issue for future leaks he dismissed it. How worried should I...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question! There’s a gap (20mm in length & 3mm height) at the bottom of the frame (where it meets the shower tray) closest to the wall that appears to have been...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting installed. So the pump is the - SALAMANDER PUMPS CT FORCE 30 SU REGENERATIVE SINGLE SHOWER PUMP 3.0BAR from ScrewFix - seems like a decent one for the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock