Search the forum,

Discuss Competent persons scheme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I know it's a mouth full! My cust want a certificate for putting in a bath, basin and new position of loo....I'm not sure how to go about it! Any advice? Join APHC and then one of the many other schemes?... and how long does that take? I suspect he won't pay up until I've given him this bit of paper? :smartass: :bat:

Sounds like a bit of a bellend to me! Was this mentioned before work commenced? If he tries it on, show him how competent you are at undoing your work.

You need it in your terms and conditions that building consent and approvals are not included in your estimate. I then put in my estimate as a line that the boiler installation and commissioning will be registered through the oftec competent person scheme, who will then notify building control who will issue building regs certificate.
Also have a line that basically says if I havent said im doing it then its not included..

join water safe, theyll send you a little pad of certificates, use one of them, custard wont know any different, done it many a time, no fee to join either. :):)

join water safe, theyll send you a little pad of certificates, use one of them, custard wont know any different, done it many a time, no fee to join either. :):)
i was going to join them. but it seemed more hassle than joining gas safe so i never bothered

Sounds like a bit of a bellend to me! Was this mentioned before work commenced? If he tries it on, show him how competent you are at undoing your work.

That would be criminal damage then as you cannot intentionally damage or remove fitted items in a customers house ?

not if its not fitted correctly or satisfactory to your standards ;)

To be honest when it has gone that far there is not many customers who are realistically going to let you put a foot in their property so normally a non starter !
Mate of mine had a glazing firm and was a developer too his groundworker had a customer who did not pay unfortunately the brakes failed on the jcb at full pelt luckily he managed to jump off before it went through the house ?
Funny how he was seen jumping out the cab on the other side of the house ?
Must have been an optical illusion !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Competent persons scheme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock