Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial (shop) sanitary install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ruski

Hi all

probably going to be shot down in flames, but I'll ask anyway:

I've been asked to install a new toilet & hand basin and a seperate food prep area and hand washing facilities into a shop that's due to be opening.
I've had the architect spec and all seems relatively straight forward but there's a couple of things I'd like a bit of clarification/advice on

As a general builder, am I allowed to take on the plumbing side and get building control to sign off the works or do I have to get a 'registered' plumber in to sign it off as it's 'commercial'?

There is no mention in the plans for the use of TMV's on the hot side of the various sinks: is this needed? It's most likely to be via instantaneous heaters if that makes any difference?

Any other quirks that I should be aware of for a small commercial (non public use) setup like this?

Cheers guys and gals

Russ

Hi Russ
The architect should be up to speed on all the relevant regulations (LOL) and he should liaise with building control whenever necessary.
Don't worry about Registered Plumbers, I was registered with the IOP for 20 years and all I ever got from Hornchurch was a magazine and an annual invoice...

Hi Russ
The architect should be up to speed on all the relevant regulations (LOL) and he should liaise with building control whenever necessary.
Don't worry about Registered Plumbers, I was registered with the IOP for 20 years and all I ever got from Hornchurch was a magazine and an annual invoice...

LOL Love it... cheers MM

Just want to say your article is astounding. The clarity in your post is simply spectacular and i can assume you are an expert on this field. Well with your permission allow me to grab your rss feed to keep up to date with incoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the fabulous work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial (shop) sanitary install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock