Search the forum,

Discuss commercial pictures ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm installing again now. Serviced and did breakdowns for a few years, but got bored.

[video=youtube_share;afeg4FyZkXY]http://youtu.be/afeg4FyZkXY [/video]
Dunno if this will work, found this on my phone from a while back

no nothing I just spied it. That being said, how come you didn't just weld a gas line seeing as though the LTHW is?

Ran out of redlead too ! External plant room, small hospital?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good SimonJohns
Are Strebel commissioning the boilers or are you doing it yourself?

It's a nicer job than I could do myself but the wiring to burner control and gas valve looks a bit sloppy?

To be honest Erm' its a complete pain in the arse wiring them up. You can use Kopex to make it look neater but ultimately it will never look brilliant. You don't get right angles in cable very often.

I could do wiring 100% better but would struggle to improve on pipework. Not many clips insight between the boilers?

To be honest Erm' its a complete pain in the arse wiring them up. You can use Kopex to make it look neater but ultimately it will never look brilliant. You don't get right angles in cable very often.

Steel conduit to within 150mm and gland on end of it then a steel flex to burner to allow maintenance .

no, it's a ceiling brace. it takes 1" tube and you stick it on top of the shouder so its touching ceiling then tighten it up to make it ridgid, good for big tube

indeed. although I only ever use a Ridgid bench to be fair, with chain and engineers vice

DSCF6096.jpgDSCF6106.jpgDSCF6112.jpgDSCF6754.jpgDSCF6750.jpgDSCF6757.jpga couple of pics from a recent job we have just finished. 90kw Froling boiler out and a 200kw ETA in. Previous system was totally undersized, if all the properties on the district heating system called at the same time, then only half of them got heat, The boiler was constantly running just to try and keep up, even in the summer when there was no demand for heating, and 4000litres of buffer stood cold!!!.
We replaced the boiler, rejigged the fuel store to allow us to move the buffers (new ones fitted) and then upgraded the pump set.

DSCF6096.jpg

DSCF6106.jpg

DSCF6112.jpg

DSCF6754.jpg

DSCF6750.jpg

DSCF6757.jpg

View attachment 19999View attachment 20001View attachment 20002View attachment 20003View attachment 20004View attachment 20005a couple of pics from a recent job we have just finished. 90kw Froling boiler out and a 200kw ETA in. Previous system was totally undersized, if all the properties on the district heating system called at the same time, then only half of them got heat, The boiler was constantly running just to try and keep up, even in the summer when there was no demand for heating, and 4000litres of buffer stood cold!!!.
We replaced the boiler, rejigged the fuel store to allow us to move the buffers (new ones fitted) and then upgraded the pump set.

How much have you come on in the past while Missplumb.
Good to see you are enjoying yourself. Neat work btw :smile:

Not good what a waste
Can't you recycle them
Make a bit extra then
Froling isn't cheap stuff
I agree with tamz you work is looking excellent

Last edited by a moderator:
tbh, it wasnt part of our contract to remove the old gear from site and we wouldnt be happy fitting a new boiler and connecting it to existing buffers etc, if they failed then it wouldnt look good for us even though it wasnt our fault.

it was fitted by Econergy (british Gas). it was done about 2008 so before the rhi was available. everything was undersized, boiler, pumps, expansion vessels .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to commercial pictures ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock