Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial engineers - a plea for help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

Guys, I've just got my commercial ticket. The training was not particularly comprehensive, sadly, but more importantly, I have practically zero experience in commercial gas work.

I'm asking for your help in gaining some experience. I am a competent and pretty knowledgeable domestic engineer, a very fast learner, motivated, methodical and organised. Own van and tools (no purge kit or Gasco seeker yet but happy to buy what's needed).

I would be happy to travel anywhere in the UK within reason - (a bit much going 500 miles for a single boiler service!) and for longer jobs will stay locally to job at my own expense.

I am not looking for any payment, just a chance to learn and gain confidence. I'm not a prima donna and not afraid of hard work. I am happy to fetch and carry, do the donkey work, as long as that's not ALL I end up doing - I do want to gain hands-on experience of things like strength testing, purging, servicing, fault-finding etc. First-fix pipework on bigger sizes would be fantastic.

If you can help, please PM me. You will not regret it! A forum TA has worked with me on a few of my jobs and will (hopefully) vouch for the fact that I'm not a bad bloke to work with! :)

Cheers,
Masood

Isn't stan doing a lot of light commercial stuff?

Sent u pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Mas, you've got my number.

Just lift the phone if and when you get stuck.

Cheers John I appreciate that a LOT. :)

PS give me a shout when you're next over. Croydon's only an hour away. I'll come and have a pint with you if you fancy it...

I've got a hotel plant room in newick, a school in Nottingham, British museum, possibly the shell Center in London, darenth valley hospital and a lack of labor. And that's just the instal side reactive is getting silly now too. I can't promise anything but I'll ask the big cheese when I see him late next week

I've got a hotel plant room in newick, a school in Nottingham, British museum, possibly the shell Center in London, darenth valley hospital and a lack of labor. And that's just the instal side reactive is getting silly now too. I can't promise anything but I'll ask the big cheese when I see him late next week

Cheers Rob, would really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial engineers - a plea for help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am a newly qualified gas engineer in Norwich and looking to gain some experience by working alongside someone. I am happy to travel a reasonable distance. Any advice would be gratefully received. thanks
Replies
Views
A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in London and the Southeast I'm looking for an experienced self employed engineer (or another ltd company like myself), own transport, tools etc. good rates...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to jobs. I would be happy to observe and support where possible. I am now working towards completing and submitting my portfolio. I understand that this...
Replies
Views
I run a small plumbing and heating company. I am looking for a commercial gas engineer to help out with a few call outs, servicing, safety checks etc. Most work around London, Kent, Surrey, Sussex area. Ideally looking for someone self employed or another small business who could work...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex. I am a ltd company thats been running for 12 years and am now looking to expand. Ideally im looking for someone who is self employed (or another ltd...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock