Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial Boiler Install Minimum Efficiencies in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

my employer took on a new build property which was built for them last year. There are 4x 480KW Ideal condensing boilers installed to serve a district heating network serving approx. 560 student apartments.
Due to a lack of decent control, these boilers are achieving a seasonal efficiency of circa 65%. Are there any minimum legally required seasonal efficincies for commercial condensing boiler plant rooms? I need to know so we can challenge the installer effectively that’s all.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Who did the design spec for the building and has it been done to spec if yes fault with the m and e designer no it’s not to spec m and e contractors

Will be listed in the m and e spec approx efficiency

I maxes ?

But tbh it’s not too bad since it’s summer

Who did the design spec for the building and has it been done to spec if yes fault with the m and e designer no it’s not to spec m and e contractors

Will be listed in the m and e spec approx efficiency

I maxes ?

But tbh it’s not too bad since it’s summer

Yes Imax boilers. The district heating network provides hot water on demand for the flats too via the plate heat exchangers in the houses (8 student bedrooms per house).

Efficiency is currently 50% through the Summer rising to 70% in Winter, I'd be better getting the engineers to rip out the old cast iron boilers that are due for replacement and fit them in our new build instead to be honest..
[automerge]1596746241[/automerge]
Yes Imax boilers. The district heating network provides hot water on demand for the flats too via the plate heat exchangers in the houses (8 student bedrooms per house).

Efficiency is currently 50% through the Summer rising to 70% in Winter, I'd be better getting the engineers to rip out the old cast iron boilers that are due for replacement and fit them in our new build instead to be honest..

We think the designers are at fault, the question I guess is what document do I use to hold them to account? Minimum seasonal efficiencies must be written down somewhere in British Standards etc, problem is I'm not sure where!

Floor mounted eg the xtras?

What’s the ratios like should be around 0.0002-0.0003

Eg they have been commissioned?

It’s around 90% Efficiency required

Your answer is in Here.
It can be complicated. I would start reading at the Bottom three.
All the things you need to find are in there but You'll need plenty of time.
As always, there are sometimes more questions created than answered.

Your answer is in Here.
It can be complicated. I would start reading at the Bottom three.
All the things you need to find are in there but You'll need plenty of time.
As always, there are sometimes more questions created than answered.

no link mate? / broken

Reply to Commercial Boiler Install Minimum Efficiencies in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock