Search the forum,

Discuss Comment about videos in the Make a suggestion about the forum in general area at PlumbersForums.net

Chuck

Esteemed
Just a comment about the 'videos' forum. The current arrangement (first frame of each video used as a tile) makes it difficult to know what the video is about and/or find the one you want.

I would suggest adding captions with a brief but informative title, running time and creator. These need to be visible all the time, not just 'onMouseOver' labels, to making scanning down the list to find one of interest easy.

Each video has a title and description (and tags) available to add to it when you upload it.

When people add them to threads they're about what the thread is about so those don't always need them.

But uploading to the actual video area the title will be the video file name. Mostly some combination of dates. And that annoys me.

But I'd rather have the video than not have it. So me forcing changing the video titles stops some people from being arsed to upload them.

I'll put a notice on the upload page. And perhaps change some titles myself. Before enforcing changes strictly by not allowing file names to be used.

I'm with you though. They would become an unsearchable mess otherwise.

Reply to Comment about videos in the Make a suggestion about the forum in general area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock