Search the forum,

Discuss Combustion tests with analyzer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, i am in need of some guidance. I have just got a kane analyzer and have just used for the first time on an install the other day.

I am wanting to know if these results are all ok?

o2% 4.3
CO2% 9.4
CO PPM 107
CO/C02 0.0011

iT ALSO SAYS IT IS 99.4% EFF

tHANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS

Readings will vairy from boiler to boiler you need M I for settings !!

You've got until April to complete the CPA1 course and pass the assessment, or you will not be allowed to work on certain gas appliances.

The course will teach you about the analyser and how to interpret different readings.

The readings you have given, don't really mean much without you telling us what appliance you've got them from. Are they within the manufacturers limit?

Sorry guys, it was on a vailliant ecoTec plus 824 combi boiler. I did it on the ratio setting and then on the o2/eff setting. Its the kane 455. I know, april is close!!!

Hi guys, i am in need of some guidance. I have just got a kane analyzer and have just used for the first time on an install the other day.

I am wanting to know if these results are all ok?

o2% 4.3
CO2% 9.4
CO PPM 107
CO/C02 0.0011

iT ALSO SAYS IT IS 99.4% EFF

tHANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS
For most zero governed HE boilers you will be concentrating on the CO²% initially and the MI's will state the nominal reading for this. If this is way off the MI's range the boiler may require tweaking or even a strip clean.

Big setting range, and you are well within it with they readings, assuming the gas rate is on the button.

IT SAYS BETWEEN, 9.2+-1.0

co/co2 <0.0031

So, i am assuming that this is satifactory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combustion tests with analyzer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
hi, I am after some advice, I recently fitted a new gas valve to a vaillant ecotec earlier. the boiler was fitted in 2015 and has been serviced since anyway I put my analyser in the combustion side of the flue and the readings were extremely high, something along the lines of CO ppm —OR—...
Replies
Views
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant wall 16/21 about 10yrs old. The ones where there is no room to move ...! Doesn't look like serviced much. Opened up and heavily sooted. Bottom baffle...
Replies
Views
Greetings! Having just rebuilt a Rayburn 460k with (ecoflam burners) due to the dreaded warped oven protection plate, I am trying to work out if the test point temperature readings for the Rayburn are, ‘what you’d expect’ Flue ways on cooker side & boiler side, including boiler baffles all now...
Replies
Views
Hi . Just had my Kane 455 back after 5th year service. Friday used it to check a repaired old oil heatslave combi. Repair did not alter combustion settings. I had serviced the boiler in April and expected similar combustion results. Although the Co was 6ppm in April it was about 41ppm. All other...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock