Search the forum,

Discuss Combo-Boiler turning on, thermostat set to off. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Navien NCB-240E combi boiler that was installed back in May by my contractor, 2 Honeywell Smart Thermostats were installed as well. Two weeks ago I noticed that the unit starting sending heat to zone 1(Main floor). My contractor sent a tech in yesterday and said it was the thermostat calling for heat, even though it was set to off. Luckily my electric company was running a promo and I had purchased 2 google nest thermostats for $1 each. So I handed the tech the google nest to swap it out, also told him to swap out the one in my main bedroom(zone 2). After swapping both he also changed the wiring from my first floor, said it also might be the cables touching each other. 15 minutes after he left, I noticed the main floor google nest had a "no power error" seems the common wire was not installed. I went upstairs and realized it was very hot, sure enough the baseboard was throwing heat. The google nest upstairs was set to off as well. Called back my contractor, tech came in today again. He called Navien and they are continue to blame the thermostats. He showed me that once one of the google nests faceplates are mounted to the wall, the combi unit starts dishing out heat. He then thinks that it's the thermostats again. I'm at a lost here, I can't believe 4 thermostats are somehow calling for heat even though they are in the "off" position. Has anyone ran into this issue, if so what was the cause?

I would say either incorrectly wired also need to check dip switches are all correct on the pcb, never seen one but that was quick look at the downloadable instructions

Newly installed Navien NCB-240_110H combo boiler turns on when the thermostat is set to off. Only one newly installed thermostat for the whole house. Same issue as ecrespo175. Any resolutions?

Problem solved. It was the thermostat wiring. Must have shorted somewhere along the path. Thermostat was good.

Reply to Combo-Boiler turning on, thermostat set to off. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock