Search the forum,

Discuss Combining pushfit waste pipes in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Is it OK to combine osma, polypipe and floplast push fit waste pipe? I. E polypipe fittings and floplast pipe. Different merchants sell just one of the above. So I tend to end up with bits from different manufacturers. I presume its OK. I'm sure I have before and never had any issues. Just wonder what the rest of people do. Thanks

I generally combine Polypipe fittings (as I can get a range of fittings online not available in merchants) with Osma waste pipe and I know other plumbers who seem to use whatever with whatever. One of the last jobs I did before taking a plumbing sabbatical was to fit a sink and I must admit I noticed a slight weep on a waste joint (which I corrected by shoving in some extra solvent weld from the outside). Checked another job I'd previously carried out and found another micro-weep (so small as not even to drip, but that's not the point).

Not sure if this was anything to do with a mismatch of brands but since I religiously abrade, clean, degrease, and avoid twisting, I can't see what else I'm doing wrong. I need to investigate, but I have not yet been able to do so.

You need to be careful as the od isn’t the same throughout manufacturers

As long as they’re the same colour and similar in appearance, it shouldn’t matter. Otherwise it might look carp.

Reply to Combining pushfit waste pipes in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock