Search the forum,

Discuss Combined Maintenance Services (Glasgow) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Be warned They are at it again !Wanting contractors in the PL area servicing & CP12 contact, Ross Black , just give them a deposit of £2200.00 , sent it off straight away just waiting now for all the work to roll in 'NOT'

Had this for the S postcode from Darryl Scott. They must think that if they change the names we will fall for their crap!!

Had this for the S postcode from Darryl Scott. They must think that if they change the names we will fall for their crap!!
That's the problem, with all the new guys on the block some will fall for it thinking how lucky they are to get such a good contract when they have only been trading for a short time, then its to late ! they have parted with their money.

I recieved a similar email from them, smells fishy to me, have the company been done for fraud in past?

Would be a better use of £2200 to install a boiler for a charity and milk the publicity !

I was just about to sign up for this company and part with over £2,000 can anyone tell me more about them?

Search N.U.S. (National Utility Solutions) on forum. Been around for a few years under several incarnations. They're not very bright as they keep rotating the names and addresses that they use. This is where the forum comes in handy, we tend to try and watch each others backs. They also like to join the forum occasionally to see what we are all saying about them. They are easy enough to spot as they only have one or two posts. I've reported them to trading standards a number of times (under one or other of their ever changing names!) and would suggest everyone else does who receives an email.

iv had them contact me, but from what i gather its a scam. searched their address on google maps, block of flats in london?? yet they are a scottish based company according fella on the phone!

Search N.U.S. (National Utility Solutions) on forum. Been around for a few years under several incarnations. They're not very bright as they keep rotating the names and addresses that they use. This is where the forum comes in handy, we tend to try and watch each others backs. They also like to join the forum occasionally to see what we are all saying about them. They are easy enough to spot as they only have one or two posts. I've reported them to trading standards a number of times (under one or other of their ever changing names!) and would suggest everyone else does who receives an email.

Thanks for the information - how do you know this is the same company? Have you had any dealings with them?

Thanks for the information - how do you know this is the same company? Have you had any dealings with them?
This is the same people, they have used different names to scam people, if you want to take the chance then say goodbye to £2000. its your money! You pay your money and take your chance. Then we can say told you so !

This is the same people, they have used different names to scam people, if you want to take the chance then say goodbye to £2000. its your money! You pay your money and take your chance. Then we can say told you so !
I have declined the contract and not paid the money - Darryl Scott of Combined Maintenance says he is nothing to do with NUS and I shouldn't believe what I read on this site - there are only very few posts out of thousands which were negative to his company. I think I will stick with my instinct and not gamble my £2,000. He did say he could reduce the deposit to half but I still declined.

Do you think this ought to be reported this to Watchdog? They may be able to investigate. Also, there was an article in the Gas Engineer magazine entitled "opportunity or scam?" which describes this company.

Sign up for it Bradley! You can't lose with a deal like that. if you've got a bit of extra money after signin up, I got some magic beans you can have for next to nowt mate

Hi,
my friend has stupidly signed a contract for this recently! He has never had any work but the keep telling him he will get some! Is there any chance of getting his money back? Will he need to seek legal advice or go to trading standards?
help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Yes had them email me. A Gary Clark! £2000 for work in the NR post code. Won't be parting with any of my hard earned cash.

Hi,
my friend has stupidly signed a contract for this recently! He has never had any work but the keep telling him he will get some! Is there any chance of getting his money back? Will he need to seek legal advice or go to trading standards?
help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Get him to do both.

Yes had them email me. A Gary Clark! £2000 for work in the NR post code. Won't be parting with any of my hard earned cash.
They have tried it in Wigan too. Tel call from Craig Donaldson, James Donnelly and Jonathan Christie if they exist! Wanted £2,000 & VAT this time!

Hi, I have fallen a victim to this company, same people, different company name. took £2400.00 by BACS. They were called "ONE STOP SAFETY MAINTENANCE UK LTD".
THIS IS A CON COMPACY AND I HAVE REPORTED THEM TO THE POLICE AND FRAUD TEAM.
BUT ONCE YOU HAVE PAID THEM, THATS IT! MONEY GONE.

Trading standards WERE OF NO HELP. IF ANYONE KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE, WELL I WILL TRY TO GET MY MONEY BACK ANOTHER WAY!!!!!!.

I HAVE WRITTEN TO THE BANK WHICH I HAD TRANSFERRED THE MONEY TO. Under the "freedom of information act" they will have to release details of the person/s who owned the account and a name and address used to open the account. I will be paying them a vist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I HAVE WRITTEN TO THE BANK WHICH I HAD TRANSFERRED THE MONEY TO. Under the "freedom of information act" they will have to release details of the person/s who owned the account and a name and address used to open the account. I will be paying them a vist.
The amount of people who have been robed by this company you could organise a coach load to go with you, as they do seem to be above the law ! :bobby: something must be done to stop these people. :behead:

We have been contacted by this company with regard to BB areas (Burnley & Blackburn) as they are now emailing and ringing here. We have checked them out using Riskdisk and they are rated as 'high risk'. A big thank you to all who posted on this forum as we may well have fallen into the same trap as others. If it seems too good to be true- it probably is! Be warned.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

After coming across this company on this fourm, I done a quick check on this company to see. the Director is a Kenneth McKerrow, http://companycheck.co.uk/director/917545038. Also he is listed as a director of Find me a local .com which is located at Sovereign House, Irvine which is coincidentally the registered address of One Stop Safety Maintenance. These lot should be shut down for the thousands they have scammed from people over the years. Hope more are foolish enough to sign up to this company.

Just had a phone call from these people. I had an email from Darryl Scott yesterday which I ignored, then the phone call this morning.

The bloke on the phone rambled on for nearly half an hour before telling me I would have to pay two grand for the privilege of winning this great contract! Needless to say I declined after happily wasting 30 minutes of his time.

I wouldn't trust any company that offers to pay you for work but wants you to pay them for getting you the work in the first place. Beware of Combined Maintenance Services!

Anyone who is dumb enough to actually pay the money deserve to be ripped off .

Surely people who do research etc before parting with such amounts.

Thank goodness I did a google search, found all your comments about this company! Been communicating since yesterday with them ! Have a conference call with them on Friday morning which will now be lots and lots of fun. Anyone got any message they would like to pass on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combined Maintenance Services (Glasgow) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed with my current situation. We bought a new build and after getting my boiler and unvented cylinder serviced my plumber raised the fact that he estimates the D2 discharge pipe to have a resistance flow length on 12m and as it's 22mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. Please could you give me any advice? I am a student in a building with other rooms and studios. I have a room and en-suite shower. I use have to use a friend’s shower at the moment. Since I moved in to my room the water in shower has now and then been slow to drain, or...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock