Search the forum,

Discuss Combination valve unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I know that on the instructions of the combination valve that the mains water goes into the bottom of the valve then the outlet to the left or right depending which way your looking at it goes to the balanced cold then it goes up to the cylinder feed. Does it matter which outlet the cylinder feed or balanced cold come from or can you use either for either purpose?

Yes is does, as you will cur of the presure relief valve. ( non return in cold outlet)

Are you G3 registered?

Of course I'm registered just never had this explained in detail I always follow the instructions was just wondering is there any difference obviously your just cutting out the blow off then? As the expansion vessel is connected directly into the valve by taking the blanking cap off

Normally the inlet is the right hand side
middle right is balanced cold
middle left is expansion vessel port
Then left outlet

Never seen one with the inlet where the balanced cold is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combination valve unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do most composite valves now for unvented cylinders have a tee on them For the expansion valve connection? The ones I used to fit just had the balanced cold connection coming of it. Them I tee'd off downstream of the composite valve for the expansion
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having issues with cold water to multiple outlets. Taps, showers, toilets cold water is fine at the kitchen sink. The hot water system is a Glenhill unvented cylinder. Hot water is fine at all outlets. I assumed the cold outlets not working were from the balanced cold from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Hi wonder if anyone could help? I have a customer that has recently had backflow problems with her cylinder. She gets very hot water coming through her cold taps in her 3 floored property. I recently changed her ground floor basin taps and in doing so had to drain down the cylinder as a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock