Search the forum,

Discuss Combination Valve question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solihul

Hi,

I have recently had a new boiler and un-vented cylinder installed at my house, today an engineer visited for an un-related matter and stated that he was not sure whether the combination valve had been fitted correctly.

They weren't sure whether it was right for the pipe to be connected to the bottom of the valve and then fed to the cylinder as it is usually connected to the outlet side on the valve.

I have attached some photographs of my install, could somebody please tell me whether this looks right

Thanks
Solihul

Attachments

• 20161210_104645.jpg
    20161210_104645.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20161210_104650.jpg
    20161210_104650.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 20161210_104708.jpg
    20161210_104708.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 50
its not the best but still okish shouldn't have been put like that but the pressure is still being reduced (its been connected to the balanced cold port normally used for showers / things requiring equal pressure to hot)

can you take any pics of the pressure relief pipework (red top valve on the valve) goes in front of your cylinder please

Last edited:
Incorrect I am afraid, that is the balanced cold connection & contains a check valve so the expansion vessel & safety valve can't work.

What is the make of the un-vented cylinder ?

Did they also leave the wiring like that ?

Did you check to make sure they were Part G & that they notified it to Building Control?

Last edited:
its not the best but still okish shouldn't have been put like that but the pressure is still being reduced (its been connected to the balanced cold port normally used for showers / things requiring equal pressure to hot)

can you take any pics of the pressure relief pipework (red top valve on the valve) goes in front of your cylinder please

What about the check valve in the combination valve Shaun? Any expansion from the water heating in the cylinder would not be able to reach the vessel or the expansion relief safety valve.

What about the check valve in the combination valve Shaun? Any expansion from the water heating in the cylinder would not be able to reach the vessel or the expansion relief safety valve.

they dont have a check valve there just straight through

The Cylinder is Viessmann, the installer was a registered Viessmann Installer

The wiring was done today as a temporary measure as the hot water was not coming on as the thermostat had not been put into the cylinder.

I can take some more photographs tomorrow and post them if it helps

The Cylinder is Viessmann, the installer was a registered Viessmann Installer

The wiring was done today as a temporary measure as the hot water was not coming on as the thermostat had not been put into the cylinder.

I can take some more photographs tomorrow and post them if it helps

if hes there get him to change it

Should the pipe which is coming out from the other end of the valve which is currently blanked off be connected to the cylinder & the bottom outlet blanked out

Should the pipe which is coming out from the other end of the valve which is currently blanked off be connected to the cylinder & the bottom outlet blanked out

should be swapped round really

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean

the pipe coming out the bottom so be coming out where its been capped and the port at the bottom should be blanked off

can you take any pics of the pressure relief pipework (red top valve on the valve) goes in front of your cylinder please also

I'm not home now but will take some pics and upload them tomorrow, Thanks for all of your help

Its piped wrong and wired wrong. A temporary installation is just as dangerous as a finished job! Turn off until installer has sorted it out and don't give them tea and biscuits as punishment!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combination Valve question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time. For example today, whilst the boiler was on heating the water, the room stat triggered the boiler to supply the rads. The diverter valve installed in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just installed a combination all in one WC/small basin…. Out of the fill valve there is a small tube which emits a lot of water during the refill (I believe it is known as a refill tube) and is connected directly into the overflow tube that drains into the pan, Googling suggests...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version: I'd rather use frost protection + anti-freeze cycle on my mitsubishi ecodan heat pump. The warranty is apparently fine with that combination, and it...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock