Search the forum,

Discuss Combi vs thermal store?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tdparkin

Hi
We're planning an extension and are going to replace old oil fired boiler/cylinder. House will become four bedroom, two bathroom, open plan kitchen dining with underfloor heating.

We're looking at different heating options and one thing we've heard of is thermal store (rotex) rather than combi boiler due to multiple bathrooms. Based on what I can read the big plus for a thermal store is hot water pressure, no delay in quantity or availability of hot water. Downsides are cost, space and heat loss of keeping tank warm all the time.

How can we decide?

Unvented cylinder and heat only boiler rather than combi or thermal store. Unless you are looking at multiple heat sources i.e. solid fuel, wood burning stove etc.

Of course all depends on water pressure and flow rates.

Unvented cyinder can be installed nearly anywhere, so that will be an advantage.
Ideally close to the oil boiler would be good and hopefully not too far from bathrooms, but you can also have the option of a secondary hot water pipework.
Nothing really beats the unvented cylinders for constant full flow and pressure if mains supply suits. Quiet and not much to go wrong.

Have a look at the viessmann 111-w dhw storage. Good flow rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi vs thermal store?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock