Search the forum,

Discuss Combi vs thermal store - help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi
We're planning an extension and are going to replace old oil fired boiler/cylinder. House will become four bedroom, two bathroom, open plan kitchen dining with underfloor heating.

We're looking at different heating options and one thing we've heard of is thermal store (rotex) rather than combi boiler due to multiple bathrooms. Based on what I can read the big plus for a thermal store is hot water pressure, no delay in quantity or availability of hot water. Downsides are cost, space and heat loss of keeping tank warm all the time.

How can I decide?

Forget combi if you have multi bathrooms, Thermal store or large unvented cylinder, but you need to look at the size of water main, and get the correct size cylinder fitted get someone to call who is G3 qualified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi vs thermal store - help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock