Search the forum,

Discuss Combi location new install in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all. Bit if a strange one this. Plumber wants to install the new combi boiler in the bedroom on the adjoining wall with next door, possibly the furthest point in the house away from a gas supply, knocking through the ceiling and exiting the flue through the roof.
However we want to have it installed in the kitchen, which is an outside wall located near where the mains water and gas enter the property, where other people of the same property type have theirs. We are told that there isn't enough space either side (!?!) but there are no cupboards or anything and the wall is wider than the width of the boiler. There is an outside door to one side and a window to the other. Any ideas as to why the plumber seems to want to install it in the most weirdest of places?

Thank you.

Hello all. Bit if a strange one this. Plumber wants to install the new combi boiler in the bedroom on the adjoining wall with next door, possibly the furthest point in the house away from a gas supply, knocking through the ceiling and exiting the flue through the roof.
However we want to have it installed in the kitchen, which is an outside wall located near where the mains water and gas enter the property, where other people of the same property type have theirs. We are told that there isn't enough space either side (!?!) but there are no cupboards or anything and the wall is wider than the width of the boiler. There is an outside door to one side and a window to the other. Any ideas as to why the plumber seems to want to install it in the most weirdest of places?

Thank you.
He must be able to give a reason?
There's nothing wrong in it being in a bedroom. Perhaps he thinks it is easier for other pipework?
e.g. flow and return connections, hot and cold water etc. if it is going where a cylinder is now?

Are the door and window too close to the flue? normally around 300mm away min to the opening but check boiler manufacturers instructions for that distance. Could he use a plume kit to take the exhaust up and away from those openings.

Need more detail really and photo's can help.

As above, plus just because other houses have the boiler and flue in that location doesn't mean they comply with the regs.

Ask the plumber to explain in more detail, it might make more sense.

If fitted in your preferred location would the boiler flue face across to next doors property and if so how far is the boundary?

As others have said, when your plumber says there’s not enough space either side - he is almost certainly referring to the flue arrangements and not the physical siting of the boiler on the wall.

This is a potentially good sign in many ways as he is concerned with sticking to regs. However maybe communication could be better, and also a plume kit could get over this?

With combi's, you want them as close as possible to the most used taps.

You don't want to wait 15 minutes for luke warm water to dribble out from your kitchen sink tap.
And the same with a a basin tap to wash your hands.

Reply to Combi location new install in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Im a homeowner and have had a new shower installed. This meant the installation of a new radiator also. However, the plumber has placed the radiator far too close to the shower. It is right next to the exit/entrace of the shower which seems unsafe as it could burn undressed people and just...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the digital pump. He did not inform us that we would need a new processor because we had changed to a Combi and subsequently a valve blew. Should my builders...
Replies
Views
I have a open flue old boiler (natural draft for combustion) installed on outside wall. Before winters want to install a heat only condensing boiler (room sealed), cannot install it at the current location as it is open to weather effects (rain and sun light in summers). I cannot install it in...
Replies
Views
I’m replacing my single skin plastic oil tank with a new bunded oil tank. I’m going to replace the single 10mm pvc covered oil pipe too, so to keep the number of compression joints to a minimum, I’d like to fit an external tigerloop combi 3 de-aerator (the one that incorporates an isolation...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock