Search the forum,

Discuss Combi comes on with cold water as well as hot in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

We had a Valiant ecoTECplus 938 installed a couple of years ago. The past few months we've noticed it come on with the cold taps rather than just the hot. A plumber came to service it and said this is normal but we don't think it is + it's a waste of valuable gas. I've read up and think it might be a back pressure issue as the pipes do seem to slam when water is turned off. Any ideas or things to try would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Turn off the cold water boiler feed at the valve under the boiler. Then run a hot tap and see if you still get water.

If it’s a new problem/not historic, it’s quite possible that a thermostatic cartridge has failed and is allowing a cross over.

Isolating the hot supply and still getting water out of the hot taps proves this. Then you’ve got to find it. Usually a shower valve.

Reply to Combi comes on with cold water as well as hot in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock