Search the forum,
  • Thread starter TenementConservation
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 788

Discuss combi boiler solely for hot water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

T

TenementConservation

hello,

I am doing an old building conservation project and the radiators and piping all needs changing. As this would involve a lot of interference with the historic floors etc, i've decided to install infrared panels as the heating source. I'd still like to use the boiler to provide my hot water, so would it just be a process of capping the 22m outlet from the boiler? its a Worcester 24i junior and only seems to have the radiator thermostat rather than a separate one for both hot water and central heating. Would this combi boiler work for just the hot water if the central heating was capped, or would it be better to have a towel radiator in the bathroom that keeps the loop flowing?

Many thanks

Do Combis change back to CH and do a pump overrun when HW demand finishes?.
It's quite likely but also prob need a flow If accidentally run in heating mode.
Either way boiler manufacturer will have a min requirement for heating circuit capacity.
In short, if you can connect towel rad then yes - do that.

Reply to combi boiler solely for hot water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock