Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Boiler Pressure Up and Down in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

The pressure in my combi boiler (oil fired) seems to vary hugely.

When the heating is on it is at about 1 bar.

When the heating is off it can be as low a zero but then rises to 1 bar a few minutes after the heating comes on.

Other than this everything seems to be fine; both the heating and hot water are working well.

Should I top-up the pressure?

Cheers.

hello everyone, I'm having the same problem and not sure if the boiler is working as it should. I've not had a combi boiler before but it doesn't seem right to me. When the central heating is on the boiler pressure is up to just over 2.0 bar when hot water tap is turned on pressure drop a little then goes back up to where it was. This I know is normal but when heating is turned off the pressure drops to about 0.3 bar, if I then turn on hot water tap the pressure drops further. If I top up the pressure when heating is off to where it should be, turning on the central heating will increase the pressure into the red.
Hope this isn't long winded and you can understand what I'm on about, I've checked for leeks and all OK, boiler is a Worcester Bosch Greenstar. Any advice would be appreciated, Thank you.
Kind regards, Phil

Reply to Combi Boiler Pressure Up and Down in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just had a "Main Eco Compact" combi boiler installed as the Biasi one failed. It seems to work fine, gives a hot bath, i dont ever use the radiators or kitchen hot tap. (no point in upping the landlords gas bill for no reason) On day 4, the pressure is below 1. I filled it back up to >1, but...
Replies
Views
I have an 8 year old Potterton HE Gold combi boiler losing pressure. I have isolated the central heating to leave just water heating and it is fine. As soon as the central heating is introduced the pressure drops to zero within an hour. I have had floor boards etc up but cannot find a leak...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
HI Iam hoping someone can provide guidance on a heating problem. I have a (old) Ideal isar HE35 where there is no hot water for the 2 showers at the property, there is water flow but not warm. I can confirm there is hot water from the sink/bath (downstairs and upstairs). I noticed that the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock