Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler keeps locking out in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone. I was hoping someone here might be able to help me with a problem I have.

After using our shower for around five minutes it seems to be causing the boiler to lock out.

It’s a thermostatic mixer shower running from a Worcester Greenstar 30si combi boiler.

Weirdly, this only seems to happen when we’re using the shower. Turning the taps on doesn’t appear to have the same effect and it only happens when we’re drawing hot water from the system, not while the central heating is on.

The flashing light sequence seems to indicate either a flue overheat, heat exchanger overheat or flue blockage.

We paid for a service just before Christmas when the problem first appeared and the engineer recommended the plate heat exchanger be replaced, which we had done in the new year. But this doesn’t appear to have cured the problem.

Before I get another engineer round, I was wondering if anyone here could give me some guidance on what this might be? The few people I’ve spoken to have all given the same answer: “probably the heat exchanger”, so I’m not really sure what to do next!

Thanks in advance.

Reply to Combi boiler keeps locking out in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Milky hot water. Recently had a Viessmann 100-W combi boiler installed. Now when the hot water reaches any tap it is very 'milky'. This appears to be micro bubbles and clears, upwards, in a few seconds leaving no residue. Though this is a hard water area in 45 years have never had this cloudy...
Replies
Views
G
Morning Guys, I have a Worcester 230 Combi in a rental property that is going to overheat lockout after a couple of minutes on DHW, no issue when on CH but if DHW is called for when heating is on same fault occurs. System is clean as always had inhibitor so unlikely to be a blocked heat...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I did some plumbing many years ago I have never fitted a combi-boiler and am confused by this problem . I removed a radiator on the upper floor of my house to clean and paint the wall behind it, when removing it I shut down the lockshield and packed the...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a Glowworm Ultimate 35C boiler. It shuts off at its max temp of 60C when heating radiators and the pump carries on running pumping heat round system but it seems to let temperature drop at least 30 degrees before burner comes back in by which time radiator temperature has dropped...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock