Search the forum,

Discuss Combi-Boiler Issues in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, after several summer months without use I tried to turn on the heating on my Ariston Combi A Series but after half an hour or so I went to go see why it wasn't coming on.

The boiler seems to be constantly trying to run the hot water pump although strangely it isn't trying to heat the water and the hot water system works fine, it will heat the water as soon as I turn a tap/shower on.
At first I had thought maybe the diverter valve was stuck but then that surely wouldn’t make the boiler pump as that I would imagine would be based on a pressure drop from the open tap. So this is where it gets odd, I opened the boiler case as I was going to check the main pump would spin freely but had second thoughts and put it back together, it then chose to work for a few hours, until I had a shower at which point it reverted to constantly showing the pumping hot water animation so back to the same as it was. It cant be a leak on the hot water side as this wouldn't explain the several hours being ok as it would definitely cause a pressure drop and cause the boiler to revert back to the hot water system.

For reference there are no fault codes, central heating pressure is fine and the roomstat works as I can see it coming on an off on the boiler display when I change it

Any advice or opinions on what it might be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You have turned it off summer mode onto heating and hot water eg the rad symbol should flash when you have heating calling

You have turned it off summer mode onto heating and hot water eg the rad symbol should flash when you have heating calling
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to reply to me...
I have read through the full manual and with the exception of a small button which adds or subtracts an hour for daylight savings there is no reference to summer.
Also this wouldn't explain the fact the boiler thinks hot water is being called at all times or the few hours where it suddenly decided to fix its self. After a quick google It seems newer models have summer mode but this doesn't (its around a 2009 model)

The only thing that makes logical sense to me is whatever tells the boiler hot water is needed being faulty is overriding the call for central heating but what that would be I'm unsure. A pressure or flow sensor I would imagine.

Easyist way to prove if it’s a system fault or boiler turn the mains water off and try the heating

Reply to Combi-Boiler Issues in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock